- Q – Are you licensed, insured and bonded?
- Q – Can I have an estimate over the phone or over the internet?
- Q – How much does an estimate cost?
- Q – Do I have to sign a contract?
- Q – Do you charge by the hour or the job? Why?
- Q – Do you accept credit cards?
- Q – Do you offer gift certificates?
- Q – Do you do background checks on your employees?
- Q – Do you train your employees?
- Q – What steps do you take to care for my home’s security?
Green Products, Equipment and Practices
- Q – Why Green Clean my home or business?
- Q – Do you use your own equipment and cleaning products?
- Q – What is “Greenwashing”?
- Q – Do you “Greenwash” or support other companies that do ?
- Q – Do you guarantee your work?
I am on board and want your services, now what?
- Q – Do I have to be home for you to clean?
- Q – How do I prepare for my home to be professionally cleaned?
- Q – What happens if I have to reschedule my cleaning?
- Q – What happens if I forget I have a scheduled cleaning?
- Q – Is it possible to truly have a green cleaning product that destroys mildew , mold and bacterias?
- A – Yes, we are licensed with the State of FL and insured and bonded through Amelia Underwriters.
- A – We offer free in home estimates. The range varies depending on the size, condition and level of clean you are wanting to achieve. Please call us at 904-962-9423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your estimate free of charge.
- A – Estimates are free of charge.
- A – We do not have contracts for residential cleanings. You are free to cancel at any time. Commercial cleanings contracts are available , but are also optional.
- A – We charge by the job. We find that by doing this we can ensure the totality of the task being accomplished. There are other cleaning companies that quote by the hour, but if they have not completed the job but have reached their hourly limit they will leave the job half-done. Since we are putting our name on every job we do ,we insist on maintaining a higher standard of work by leaving you with a polished product.
- A – We do accept credit cards via PayPal. Please email for more details. email@example.com
- A – Yes, we do offer gift certificates. If you are interested they are available on our website or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904-962-9423. We will mail the gift certificate to your recipient at no extra charge.
- A – Yes, all employees are screened and references checked. Since we are a family run and operated business, all members of our team become members of our family. Thus, a high level of scrutiny is applied.
- A – Yes, we have developed a standardized approach to cleaning and training that ensures thoughtfulness and thoroughness.
- A – We do hold keys to many of our clients home. We are careful never to store your key with your address. We have developed a coded system that tells us whose home a key goes to without compromising your security.
Green Products, Equipment and Practices Answers
Traditional cleaners have high volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Exposure to Vocs have both short term and long-term health effects. Because of lack of education and ventilation many times the air quality within your home or business is 10 times worse than outdoors.
Here is a brief summation of some of the health effects: Eye, nose, and throat irritation; headaches, loss of coordination, nausea; damage to liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Some organics can cause cancer in animals; some are suspected or known to cause cancer in humans. Key signs or symptoms associated with exposure to VOCs include conjunctival irritation, nose and throat discomfort, headache, allergic skin reaction, dyspnea, declines in serum cholinesterase levels, nausea, emesis, epistaxis, fatigue, dizziness.
For a more in depth look on VOC’s please check out http://www.epa.gov/iaq/voc.html .
Many of the standard cleaning products that are washed down the drain or dumped on the ground can have a significant impact on the environment as a whole. For more information please check out :
By choosing green products for your home you are taking an active role in providing a safe clean environment for you , your family, and your planet.
2. A – Yes, we provide all cleaning products . We are outfitted with vacuum equipment that is backed by the American Lung Association. Because of our quaduple hepa filtered system, we have the ability to actually improve your air quality.
3. A – Greenwashing in layman’s terms is the practice of companies that in the hopes of obtaining the conscious consumer they spend more money on advertising they are green than actually implementing green practices.
For instance in our particular business, we do not use coupons, flyers or mailers. We feel that it is better to donate our time each month for advertisement instead of flooding landfills and your mailboxes with junk. If you find a company sending our mass flyers or coupons and claiming to be green, they are probably greenwashers.
As far as products, any product that has enough water added to it has the ability to obtain a green label. It is up to us as consumers to do proper research and buy from trusted companies. We do our best to filter out the bad apples. If you ever have any questions about a particular company or product please email email@example.com I will do my best to get you the most up to date accurate information.
Here is another resource: http://www.greenwashingindex.com/about-greenwashing/#what
I am on board and want your services, now what? Answers
1. A – No, many clients leave a key or provide us with a copy. For security purposes, we are sure to never store your key with your personal information, like your address and name. You are welcome to be present if you like. J
4. A – Sometimes life gets hectic and we forget. We do not have a cancellation fee. We will do our best to accommodate cleaning during the same week. If this is not possible , we will resume on your regular cleaning date. If your cleaning is set up bi-weekly you would simply pay the monthly rate. If it is monthly service, we would have to add a small fee to accommodate for the added work.